Library


My school recently put on a musical production, Beauty and the Beast. I was able to take
part in the creation of the set by creating the library scene. When creating the scene I
needed to add tons and tons of books. The goal was to have a massive book case, while
creating a magical feel to the scene. Using a variety of vibrant colors helped create a
“magical’ scene. I used a lot of orange, blue, and gold. These colors helped build depth in
the scene, while creating a happy and magical mood. A strength of mine was portraying a
massive book shelf, when I look at it all I see is books and more books. A weakness of
mine was using the vibrant colors. I am use to painting more realistic pieces and some of
the color choices were out of my comfort zone. For example, painting the floor blue. This
piece will always be very close to my heart, due to this movie being mine and my
grandmother’s favorite movie. This project was very time consuming, but a lot of fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pathway

Pearl

Lunch at The Country Store