Pearl


“Pearl” is a sculpture of my own, personal dog named Pearl. I sculpted her from
clay, which was a very long process. I originally had her standing, but later changed her
position to sitting. When people look at “Pearl” I want them to see texture. I applied each
individual piece of hair to create a realistic look. After my sculpture baked in the kiln I
painted it the way my dog looks, with blacks, browns, and whites. I think that some of my
strengths in this piece is the texture that was used and the different values of color. A
weakness of mine was getting the exact shape of my dog.  It is close, but not perfect, so
that is something I wish I could change. I feel like this was one of my favorite pieces to
work on, because the sculpture is a replica of my dog and will hold a special place in my
heart.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pathway

Down on the Farm